Seeking a Quality Assurance Supervisor to verify the adequacy of food safety and quality programs through daily plant inspections and daily documentation reviews. The individual will be responsible for training and complying with the SQF and GMP practices and programs to ensure safe food and immediately report food safety problems directly to Management. The candidate carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The position is the liaison between Management, Quality, Regulatory, and manufacturing personnel. It is responsible for the execution of food safety programs, Regulatory programs, and third-party audits. The position is responsible for directing, implementing, enforcing, and oversight Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP’s).
- Initiate, track, and verify the effectiveness of quality, maintenance, sanitation, and food safety programs through daily inspections. Conduct and coordinate pre-scheduled monthly floor inspections with Management and Supervisory personnel attendance.
- Provide training and ongoing assistance to manufacturing in the transition of non-critical quality programs to manufacturing.
- Develop and communicate processes and systems to enable Operations Management to achieve product quality and process targets through data analysis, analytical problem solving, and capability enhancement.
- Participation in daily product evaluations.
- Provide oversight and employee training on SQF (Safe Quality Food) program, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) programs; Sanitation Standard Operation Procedures (SSOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s); raw materials and finished product testing programs; equipment sanitation; and quality and food safety.
- Assign members to the food security policy/program and chair pre-scheduled quarterly meetings. Design programs to identify current food security measures, gaps in the current food security programs, and remedial actions in order to provide continual plant and personnel security, product and processes security, formulation, and computer security, methods for destruction of unused/obsolete packaging and labels, proper handling, and storage of all food ingredients along with finished goods in-house and in-transit security.
- Initiate and coordinate pertinent classroom training for Management, Supervisors, and hourly personnel that addresses food safety, worker safety, continuous improvement, current product issues along with new programs and processes being implemented. Develop and pre-schedule quarterly meetings and agendas.
- Ensure products and processes are in full compliance with all quality assurance standards as well as USDA, State, and Local requirements.
- Maintain documented internal and external audit standards, ensure that all third party required programs, policies, and documents are available for each internal and external audit.
- The QA Supervisor is required to be the lead in all third-party audits. The QA Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring that all external audit requirements are attained and maintained.
- Assist in ensuring Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), good hygiene and housekeeping practices are being routinely followed.
- Prepare responses to USDA and external/internal audit issues and track corrective action effectiveness.
- Immediately communicate to senior management any potential food safety issue, USDA activities, the Process Authority, audit responses, and other issues that might be required.
- Maintain effective working relationships with personnel, USDA, Process Authority, customers, and external vendors.
- Must have the ability to pro-actively investigate, initiate, and institute preventative programs that provide continuous improvement and eliminate repetitive manufacturing issues.
- Provides on-going support, guidance, direction, and assistance to production, maintenance, and sanitation personnel with food safety, quality, and Regulatory compliance.
- Fulfills the duties of the QA Director in their absence.