Messina Group seeks a Global Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Specialist for our client in Chicago, IL. As a member of Scientific & Regulatory Affairs (SRA), the contractor will be responsible for screening, tracking, and maintaining regulatory information on ingredients. Accurate and complete ingredient information is the foundation for regulatory compliance of the finished product and labeling. In addition to ensuring data accuracy and completeness, the contractor will leverage ingredient and regulatory knowledge to critically evaluate data quality to ingredient composition, nutrition, and other key regulatory information is consistent. Success in this role will require stakeholder management and collaboration at a global and regional level, both within the SRA function and cross-functionally. The contractor will work closely with other global SRA associates to evaluate performance against the metrics and drive continuous improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screen and approve new ingredient per the aligned service level agreement to ensure data accuracy and completeness
- Obtain updated ingredient information per aligned business priority and cadence
- Interface with regional SRA, R&D and Specification teams to continuously improve specification and recipe systems
- Track key ingredient screening metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Support regulatory change management by performing key ingredient searches in the database to evaluate impact of regulatory change
- Attend necessary project and meetings in order to communicate progress and opportunity for improvement
- Apply technical, organizational, and project managerial skills broadly to screen and approve ingredients and collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders in regional SRA, R&D and Specification teams.
- Work with a high level of independence, based on regulatory knowledge and experience, to make decisions and deploy best practices that assure global compliance of ingredients and mitigate regulatory risks.
- Schedule: 8-5
- Location: Chicago
- Duration: 6 months+