The program manager is responsible for setting up the program and sub-projects, incorporating Agile/Scrum practices where appropriate, following their progress, and facilitating the closure of issues as they are escalated to the program level. They coordinate efforts among the various sub-projects, and outside vendors, as well as develop effective schedules and suggest action items that still need to be complete to successfully complete the overall program. The program manager will track technical issues and facilitate the implementation of solutions in a prompt manner. The program manager must effectively communicate program status and suggest changes to use program resources more efficiently. The program manager will propose solutions to technical constraints using their technical expertise and experience, as well as provide expertise for escalated quality problems, and anticipate bottlenecks in the development cycle. Additionally, the program manager will identify technical impacts on the organization as they relate to business requirements. The program manager will own documentation and tracking of all programs including definition and execution to stage gate process management, regular cadence of meetings/reviews, reporting, program metrics, and countermeasures. The candidate will be comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization, in managing conflict, removing obstacles, driving progress, and accountability.
- Hands-on program and project management skills. Ability to facilitate project and/or scrum/stand- up calls
- Work with a cross functional team to manage programs from concept to commercial execution.
- Coordinates closely with project stakeholders and cross-functional teams to document project scope and objectives.
- Create schedule, identify critical path, and maintain throughout execution.
- Demonstrate quick decision-making abilities based on available data.
- Bring creative ideas to keep project schedule on track
- Coordinates with multi-disciplinary functions within the organization to maintain and track multiple parallel projects to plan.
- Manages project and product definition activities related to marketing and/or technical requirements.
- Work with the project team to define, assess and mitigate risks that have a major impact on project cost, schedule, investment and technology.
- Execute programs within scope, time and budget.
- Document project activities, issues, concerns and status to keep management informed and enable timely resolution of project problems.
- Manages new product development and introductions of electrical, mechanical, software, and firmware products.
- Provides periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule
- Financial acumen to complete required capital appropriation request for the assigned programs.
- Works in cross-disciplinary manner with other departments (e.g., Manufacturing, Marketing, Procurement, Customer Support, Suppliers, etc.) and facilitates the stage gate processes.
- Travel required: up to 25% domestic. Occasional international travel may be needed