The ideal candidate will understand the who, what, and how of product, software and/or system development and will own the execution of the program schedule. You will foresee program schedules from concept from ideation to launch to end of life. The initiatives you will be facilitating will be focused on generating significant value for the organization.
As a program manager you will be responsible for setting up the program and sub-projects, incorporating best practices where appropriate, following their progress, and facilitating the closure of issues as they are escalated to the program level. You will coordinate efforts among the various sub-projects, and outside vendors, as well as develop effective schedules and suggest action items that need to be completed to successfully complete the overall program.
The program manager will drive team to create solutions to constraints using his/her expertise and experience, as well as provide expertise for escalated quality problems, and anticipate bottlenecks in the development cycle. Additionally, the program manager will identify impacts on the organization as they relate to business requirements.
The program manager will own documentation and tracking of all programs including definition and execution to stage gate process management, regular cadence of meetings/reviews, reporting, program metrics, and countermeasures.
The program manager will be comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization in managing conflict, removing obstacles, driving progress, and accountability. You will be counted on to provide expert advice, input and recommendations on how to ensure success with current and future initiatives.
- Coordinate closely with project stakeholders and cross-functional teams to document program / project scope and objectives.
- Manage project and product definition activities related to marketing, business and/or technical requirements.
- Create schedule, identify critical path, and maintain throughout execution.
- Execute programs within scope, time and budget.
- Supervise and lead the program and project staff to oversee the impacts and interdependencies between programs. Work to ensure initiatives meet the goals and objectives laid out for the program / project.
- Work with the project team to define, assess and mitigate risks that have a major impact on project cost, schedule, investment and technology.
- Provide both verbal and written communications to all levels of the business regarding project status, risks and issues. Comfortable with presenting and program communication with executive team
- Proactively drive actions to anticipate and avert risks while identifying and taking advantage of opportunities.
- Bring creative ideas to keep project schedule on track
- Demonstrate quick decision-making abilities based on available data.
- Provide periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule
- Provide financial acumen to complete required capital appropriation requests and cost management for the assigned programs.
- Works in cross-disciplinary manner with other departments (e.g., Manufacturing, Marketing, Procurement, Customer Support, Suppliers, etc.) and facilitates and train the development processes.
- Develop and execute critical PMO processes across all areas of the organization. Build and manage positive relationships with teams across organization
- Implement established policies, system monitors and controls to ensure the successful management and reporting of all critical business unit initiatives
- Travel up to 25% domestic. Occasional international travel may be needed